In Focus Newsletter

Sign up for our In Focus Newsletter

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - A Guide To Rental Payments

We appreciate this is a very difficult time for everyone and that some residents are worried about managing to make rent payments. The following may help you:


  • If you are still receiving your usual income, please pay your rent as normal.


  • If you are receiving Housing Benefit and your income hasn't changed, please carry on making any payments you make as normal.


  • If you receive some Housing Benefit, and your income has dropped, inform the council so that your Housing Benefit can increase. It is best if you ask the council to make payments directly to Mid-Wales Housing:

Powys   -

Ceredigion   -


  • If you currently get Universal Credit but your income has now dropped, inform the DWP on your UC journal page so that the Housing Element can increase.


  • If you pay your rent yourself and your income has dropped, you may be able to claim Universal Credit online. You will need your National Insurance number and a current email address:


  • You can also claim Council Tax Benefit:

Powys   -

Ceredigion   -


  • If your employer can no longer pay your wages, they may be able to claim 80% of your wages through the government furlough scheme:


For any other queries about your rent, or if you have difficulties making your UC claim, please do get in touch with our Income Management Team, by email: or telephone 0300 111 3030 (lines open Monday to Friday between 10 am to 4 p.m). We will do our best to help you work out the best solution and what benefits you may be able to claim.


We want to reassure you that we will not evict anyone due to financial hardship caused by Coronavirus.