Are you a Mid-Wales Housing resident and find it increasingly difficult to get about in your home such as in and out of the bath or up and down the stairs?

If the answer if yes, then Mid-Wales Housing may be able to help.

Mid-Wales Housing can apply for a grant on your behalf to enable adaptation works such as level access showers and stair lifts to be installed.

We work in partnership with Care & Repair in Powys who co-ordinate the adaptations works and ensure that they are of the very highest standard and are right for you.

If you think you need an adaptation, the first thing you need to do is to contact your local Social Services Office and request a home visit from an Occupational Therapist. The Occupational Therapist will carry out an assessment of your needs and make recommendations to Mid-Wales Housing if appropriate. The contact numbers for the local Social Services Offices are as follows:

  • Powys County Council   -   01597 827 666
  • Ceredigion County Council   -   01545 570 881

Alternatively, you can contact Mid-Wales Housing directly should you require smaller aids or adaptations such as handrails and lever action taps which allow you to live more comfortably and independently.

If you have any questions or need advice on how to proceed please contact:

Carol Stovell, Grants & Adaptations Officer

  • Tel: 0300 111 3030
  • Email:
  • Post: Mid-Wales Housing Association Ltd, Ty Canol House, Ffordd Croesawdy, Newtown, Powys, SY16 1AL